New terminal in Lisbon for cruise ships to dock. After four months delay on construction and a soft open they are already ready for forthcoming cruise ships.
The new Lisbon terminal is a work of the architect João Luís Carrilho da Graça. He also worked on the concepts of “Knowledge of the Seas Pavilion” for the World Exhibition – Expo 98 and the rebuilding process of central square of Saint George Castle.
The new terminal represents an investment of 70 millions euros and will serve the Portuguese capital for the next decades. During 2016, Lisbon received 523.000 passengers and it is expect growth of activity for the forthcoming years.
The new terminal is located on the east side of Lisbon in front of Alfama, one of the most pitoresque neighbors of the Portuguese capital. Public transportation is also available. In front of the new terminal you will find Santa Apolónia metro station (blue line).
Why you should visit Lisbon on a Cruise Ship? Because Lisbon offers excellent weather, great food and several activities to make on the sort period of time you visit the Portuguese capital. Depending of your preference, you can meet the local culture in very different ways.
New terminal – Characteristics
- Amazing panoramic view terrace where you will be able to see part of Lisbon;
- A dimension of 13,800 sq. meters of terminal facilities divided by 3 floors;
- Car parking for 360 car spaces;
- Bus, taxis and touristic car parking – 80 places;
- Available ship storage area;
- On site equipment for logistic proposes;
- Supplying services for cruise ships (provisions, water and others);
- Fully automated gangways system;
- A pier with 1,490 meters for multi length ships;
- Disembarking and Embarking facilities
Cook & Corks has available seven days per week a service called Lisbon Shore Cooking Class. Check more information about this amazing experience. You will be able to visit a local market, cook, eat and learn about Portuguese traditional gastronomy.